Tuesday, November 8, 2016

PB2A

I choose a text written by a teacher and it's called "Great Teachers Don't Teach" By Ben Johnson 

One move i believe the author made is called the "Introducing An Ongoing Debate" from "They say I say". I believe that is one of the moves that he made because the very first sentence of the article is "In a conversation Linkedin...." and in They say I say, it says that the move starts with "In discussions of x,.....". In my opinion they are both kind of similar, i may be wrong, but that's a move i see.

A second move I believe the is one that i found on my own is at least twice the author talks about his "amazing psychology professor". So he's basically trying to or is comparing teachers now to his teacher back then and how they're ways of teaching are similar. If i had to name this move I would probably name it The Flashback or Throwback just because he is throwing it back to when he was still in school. 

The third move that I found that the author made was from "They say I say" and its called "Agreeing - with disagreeing". I think that's a move that the author makes because he say " My experience is that good teachers......" and in They say I say it says " I agree that _ because my experience.....". He is going on about his experience with good teachers and what good teachers expect. 

A fourth move i found that Johnson made was when he basically defined the word "teacher". For that move the name i would give it is the "Definition work in". That't the name i would give it because he worked in a definition to give the readers of his text a better understanding. 

The fifth move I found in the text is from They say I say  and it is "Adding Metacommentray". This is one of his moves because all though he uses "Returning to my original premise" and in the handout on page 694 all of the example seem like they would fit in the same category as that transition (if that's even what it's considered)

The last move he made is another one that i'm naming on my own and i would call it the reference. I'd call it the reference because the last section of his article is all him referencing his book "Teaching Students To Dig Deeper: The common Core in Action".  


No comments:

Post a Comment